Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

FiRsT WeeK!

"Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what is next or how... an artist never entirely knows. We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark." ~Agnes De Miller



I put out to blog-world (a couple hundred readers a week) this big, juicy goal of mine. It's been about a week and I officially started this Monday to start my 100 paintings in 100 days. While still in motion with my custom orders I am feeling excited, determined and challenged with this new goal. My head has so much in it. I seem to always find inspiration all around me. Yup, e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. Sometimes I feel like I am going to EXPLODE with it all. So, I decided I needed to unify my creative whims a tad. I will blog when I feel like I want, certainly not every day though (getting real and know that's not realistically gonna happen). I also decided that there will be a "theme" or "catagory" for the week. An hour or so a day to wet my brushes is do-able for me as well. I'm thinking that perhaps my fluttered art thoughts would be better channeled this way.

This is what I am thinkin' so far for September. (I'm starting with acrylics.)
Week 1: bold color, abstract shape and design (so out of my box!)
Week 2: dogs (of course includes Polly)
Week 3: birds, bees, butterflies...
Week 4: flowers (loooove doing them)
Week 5: mixed media (this means paint, ink, paper, etc. all together)

So, there you have it.
Yay!

I was checking out at Michael's craft store (a blissful place for me to wander) and the cashier gal and I were chit chatting. I told her what I was doing and she mentioned to me about a girl awhile back that started with $365 and is completely re-doing 365 old, dated and unwanted dresses in 365 days. And she has been blogging about it! Too cool. You should totally check her out.

for the girls bathroom...matches the shower curtain shapes/colors

this one was a favorite for the week

 for a dear friend (her meaningful phrase)

Blog Design by Caked Designs