Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

dibblin' and dabblin'

  I'm just trying to keep it fresh and be creative in something.  It really comes down to the main reason why I am doing these 100 paintings. Just a desire to fully know where my favorite art-niche is.  

Today I told Josh that I wanted to read him the little children's book I wrote awhile back. I want to illustrate it. He says (with sweet, loving support I assume) "oh, you are just dibblin' and dabblin' in everything aren't you?" Yeeeessss. That's my problem. 

I mean- I am painting custom name signs. Another wedding frame. Whimsy. Dogs. Gifts. Decoupage. Designing my calendar again for Christmas sales. Subbing for an art teacher at the girls school these next weeks. 
A bit jumbled. Get it together, girl!

I have been fervently searching ebay for some really nice (and a tad expensive) professional acrylic paints. I found some and busted with glee when they arrived yesterday. It's was like "Merry Christmas to me", although it was bought with birthday money from May....seriously.
 Did this "love birds" silhouette for our Anniversary. Kind of abstract, but turned out cool.
 A sweet friend and I did some decoupaging together one night. I took old love notes from forever ago and placed them randomly on this square, flat canvas. Then went over with paint/smudged it, went over with ink/smudged it and added other goodies. A bit of a mess but too fun.

"Don't go where the path may lead- go where there is no path 
and leave a trail." -Emerson
Blog Design by Caked Designs