Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Doggies. 100 paintings in 100 days.

Designers. Designing. Just design in general gives fuel to many creative things I get myself into. I'm ignited and my heart pitter patters whether I'm doing this or that in the design realm. Thus, I am in l-o-v-e and a tad addicted to any design show on HGTV. It's all I really like to sit through on television anymore. I was forwarding a recent recorded show of the "Antonio Treatment" (he looks rough, but sweet and way talented!) and he was re-doing a Boys-n-Girls Club art room. He talked about how kids are the best artists. They are not afraid and carry no boundaries or restrictions. They just go for it without judgement. This is why everything a child creates is fabulous, right?

This so resonated with me. And stuck. How when you start "growing up" you start believing you're not good enough? You get intimidated by others and icky thoughts eat you up. I do that ALL the time with my artwork. Fear eventually sets in and then I don't do ANYTHING.

So, where I am going with this is (rambling on) is that I have had this stack of dog pictures to paint. I kept looking at them all week. Fear set in. I can't do these! Then I remembered Antonio  "just go for it, take those walls down"....(this can apply to so many areas of life.)

So I did. And my heart went pitter patter.

Here are two of my "frightening" stack of pooches.

Our cutie Polly above (when she is groomed!)
And remembering Sasha below.
Up next: Oliver, Carter, Dexter.




Foxxy 

Shy-Ann


Blog Design by Caked Designs