Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

cookin' divas

Last weekend I was telling some that I had a serious "comfort food" cooking problem. I mean, I had been so sickie for a week...it's been cold, snowy...letting down from the holidays...the cravings had to be satisfied! The girls and I did homemade granola (yummo recipe compliments of sweet friend Mimi).

We made three loaves of whole wheat honey bread. (Had to include the "whole wheat" there.) I did my well-known chicken pot pie and ooey goey banana cream bread pudding. Then topped it off with the most scrumptious macaroni and cheese from a favorite place here. I told Josh when eating the mac-n-cheese that this is what heaven must taste like. (Whatever we eat there, THIS is what it might be!)

In one of creative groups I'm in we made CHEESE last month. So cool, ladies. I never knew how to make cheese. I told the girls that I thought my head was going to explode with such awesome information that day. Skills and instruction is a good thing to have in your life, eh?
We made ricotta cheese. Then we made mozzarella. Yes, mozzarella.
It was so easy. 
Who knew?
We then took those two cheeses and made/baked manicotti for lunch.
It was delicious I must say myself.

Let me know if you want any of these recipes!
Blog Design by Caked Designs