Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Birthday weekend fun-

What? Two weekends of spoiling? Yep. Every year! Although the weekend I turn a year older is a bit more harsh. Closer to 40 than 30 you say? Well- like I've said- hand over the anti-aging cream, therapeutic shoes, reading glasses...

I woke up to pretty roses from the incredible man of my life- but Lauren woke up with a fever and headache. I told her to sleep in a little and I would bring her to school later. Yea, that didn't happen. We spent the day together and enjoyed some sweet small joys. She was feeling better (poor sweetie...an on-going pattern for her with this chronic sinusitus lately) and we headed to Olive Garden. We have always made this a birthday tradition. Even both the girls had their 1st birthday's here. It's always good food and we love to keep traditions...


Josh scooted me outta the house early...my Mom picked me up...because he had something for me that was too big and didn't want me to see. I had an idea that he had something up his sleeve all day. I just sensed it. We got done with dinner and headed home to open the door to "SURPRISE!" There were streamers, food, drinks, cards and sweet friends/families! I stood there shocked like a deer in the headlights really. It ended up to be such a great night- filled with love, laughter and chocolate! Did I mention that I was spoiled two weekends in a row? Back to reality now I suppose.

Thank you for all the lovely written cards (I think that words are the best gift you can give someone!) and sweet gifts everyone. I love you all!

Lauren had given me some "okay- I am gonna keep this forever and I am gonna not burst into tears" handwritten/drawn cards for Mother's Day and b'day. Josh told me that she was wanting to also give me a present of something extra special. So, she so carefully put 52cents (which is ALOT for a princess) in a special pink canister, wrapped it in her absolutely most favorite baby blankie (that she still sleeps w/every night) and with the most sincere, serious eyes...wanted to give it to me.
Josh said she was so tender and precious- that he had to hold it together.
Too sweet not to share.
Blog Design by Caked Designs