Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

a little bit about Lauren lately

She loves to paint... and is re-decorating her room in a more "grown up/middle school artsy" style.
I am giving her the control- for painting it in the color she desires, designing it with all her own artwork and all other choices.

She loves to get messy.

She got "Student of the Month" at her school for INTEGRITY again this year.
Total mama proud.

One of her art pieces got shown in a recent art show and awarded.
(This is actually her name-- recreated with colored pencils. Too cool, right?)

Look at what she did for me ("Wonder Mama") for a mother's day card. She said that I am her superhero. Like, totally melted my heart. Plus- look at this pencil drawing, people!

Just some "scribbles" around the house that I found done by her.
Precious.

She got braces!

She is always doing silly things that make me smile wide.
She occasionally makes me breakfast in bed.

Who could not love Polly? She sure loves her- big time.

Daddy and daughter date. Super sweet- they went out to eat and then to Michaels for birdhouses and painted them. (Lauren's still working on hers:)
Priceless time. 

She had her first overnight camp experience at "6th grade Outdoor Ed" for a few nights and had a blast.... I couldn't resist taking this picture of her crashing about an hour after she got home!

She is a creative writer. She had written several short stories and such I got to read. I was amazed. 
Here is a recent poem she wrote about a relaxing place that she loves:

ahhh....
that salty, sandy smell abounding my lungs,
crisp breezes filling the atmosphere,
swaying, tranquilizing palm trees,
the annoying seagulls in the background,
and oh...
the water!
the excitement of a fresh, secretive, wave collapsing on your back,
eyes stinging,
let's do it again!
oohh...
the sand!
like a lifetime supply of sloppy clay
waiting to be experimented with,
and though there's the disappointment of your sand castle collapsing,
even without a wave crashing down on it,
I still love the beach!


Blog Design by Caked Designs