Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hello 40.

In May, I reached 4-0.
It was a day filled with love, laughter, family and friendship. 
Just as perfect as how life should be.

In one word- this is how I felt...

special [ˈspɛʃəl]
adj
1. distinguished, set apart from, or excelling others of its kind
2. (prenominal) designed or reserved for a particular purpose 
3. not usual or commonplace
4. (prenominal) particular or primary 


-going golfing with Josh, just like my Dad and I used to do on my birthdays
-getting a big bucket of "40 Things I Love about You" from the man of my life
-getting a sparkly diamond stud necklace from the man of my life
-calls, texts and more texts...oh the sweet beepin and chirping all day/night
-new friends stopping by with the most thoughtful "just for Stacey" gifts
-laughter and tears
-lovely flowers delivered from a cherished bestie in Ohio
-a "girl day out" spa gift certificate from my sis-in-law
-an ocean trip booked to take this fall with the man of my life
-"handpainted and handcrafted by Hannah" canvas and glass necklace
-a surprise of a Fogo De Chao dinner downtown Denver 
-a huge basket of wonderful gifts that were labeled "All About Stacey" from my mom
-the yummiest key lime pie cake compliments of mom
-an annual October girls trip planned (we all turn 40 this year!) to a beach house in Florida 
-wearing special old jewelry on a special night out
-hearing from darling new friends and very old best friends
-meaningful and special gifts from precious far away friendships
-getting Dad's prayer about me that was secretly folded up in his wallet for 13 years. Priceless.

Yes. SPECIAL. What else does a girl want on her 40th birthday?
Not much.

I felt deeply loved.
So very blessed beyond words for the GIFT of LIFE for 40 years.

Loving it all with crazy and insane gratitude to God...
and knowing the next 40 are going to be even better than the last. really!

Wildly excited and totally embracing the beauty of the new roads ahead.




ohmyword...these pictures are bLuRrY and all over the place colors!! sorry!






aaawwww.


"A woman doesn't become interesting until she is over 40."
-Coco Chanel



Blog Design by Caked Designs