Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

a little about Lauren

"I am" by: Lauren

I am from waking up to the sweet smell of nature
From the good taste of blueberry pancakes
From getting dressed in the big camper
From putting my brown shoes on my feet


I am from climbing into the comfortable hammock and swinging with my sister
From going on the yellow and red four wheelers with my dad
From playing with my nice cousin
From feeding my dog some food


I am from patiently waiting in the cream colored camper
while the pouring rain slows down
From the good taste of all kinds of good snacks
To eating a late dinner


I am from getting my red cozy sleeping bag ready
To watching the twinkling stars in the dark sky


That is where I'm from.
--------------------------------
L-train (a.k.a: Lauren) is finding her place in this new life here.
Not only does she love the outdoors- she has been brave and has had a gentle, open heart to all things new this past year. The poem above was written in a book that was published by her class. Her artwork even made the front cover for the class. She is crazy creative and has this big, ever growing imagination that inspires ME all the time.
She was born this way. Putting her own creative twist on... whatever!

She stole my heart the day she was born.
She was born with being funny, honest, sensitive, quiet, emotional 
....and always up for fun. 
She goes by the beat of her own drum and knows what she wants. 
She wears her heart on her sleeve and is lovable in so many ways. 
This sweetheart-stubborn-at-times-cutie-patootie is a bright, blonde sparkle in our lives.

Girl Scouts are a pretty big thing here. It's the one thing she wanted to get involved with this year. Being that I was a huge scouter as a kid, I am loving sharing in this with her. 

(thanks for reading... these blog entries are such a journal- to never forget who we are: where we have been, where we are, and where we dream to go!) 
Blog Design by Caked Designs