Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

our ART CLUB Barbie creations

I texted a sweet friend and asked her if she just doesn't wish she could take a long, gulit-free, relaxing NAP (or a long, relaxing, guilt-free ANYTHING) and not have a gazillion things to get done in one day all the time?! She whole-heartedly agreed! I mean, really- I know we are in the holiday season but Thanksgiving hasn't even come yet. I need to let go and let myself just be in chaos-mode for the rest of the year (not that the ENTIRE year hasn't been a bit bonkers).
Among all the crazy, I have loved to take some time with awesome girls and create something. It's that feel good and excited place I like to go to spoil myself a tad. Here is our Art Gypsie project (compliments of wonderful Reba) we did for this month. Oh, I was so pumped for it. I know I'm nearing my forties...but I still have a special place in my heart for Barbie. I played with them until I was in like, 8th grade or something (no kidding) and my girls have a dozen or so all piled up in a naked mess downstairs. They are still dressin' them up and playing house and I'm not stoppin' them anytime soon.

Ok, let me get to it.
I will tell you all the process of these altered Barbie creations. pssst, you can make these with your daughters old dolls!
spray paint her, add some gel medium (we used Golden brand) to kink up her hair wild-n-crazy, let dry

have a "theme" that you want to go with...winter fairy, birds, travel, crazy art girl, etc

wrap her bod, limbs etc. with maps, newspaper, magazine pages, tissue paper...using the gel medium- dry

with spray Tacky glue and hot glue: add stickers, glitter, gems, embellishments, more glitter...

wings! butterfly or angel wings

paintbrushes, ribbons, beads in the hair, beads glued to the hair...crazier hair the better


so cool. just go for it.



there you have it- cool, crazy Barbie creations
(if you want to see more- go to Becky's post too:)

PS: LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE POST BELOW 
TO ENTER 
TO WIN the $30 gift certificate!

Blog Design by Caked Designs