Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

School.

School started here over 2 weeks ago on August 1st. 
I know--- really? 
Yes, so soon because they have 2 week breaks throughout the year. I think it's pretty cool, actually. After 8 weeks of summer, kiddos and Momma's are ready for school to start anyway. Their elementary school goes up to 6th grade. Okay by me- I wasn't ready to send Hannah to Jr. High quite yet!

So I think my girlies were brave. 
They were coming from the school that Josh taught at and all the teachers there remembering when they were born, etc. It was a loving, supportive, awesome atmosphere for them for lots of years. Now everything is a big, fat adjustment. I mean- new everything all at once is tough not only for kiddos but for big kiddos like Josh and I too.

Every year when the new school year starts I get kinda weepy. Alright, it's certainly not as bad as when they started kindergarten (that was really weepy) but it's still weepy on some levels. It is just another year of letting go as a Mom. For them letting go of me. For them making their own decisions and ways. I miss them like crazy. I think about them all day. Worry a bit too (hey, it's a Mommy thing).

There have been tears in the morning with a certain 4th grader. It rips my heart into shreds. I know everything takes time- and I will keep saying that to her and myself too. The school is up the street and so great. The teachers are super, it's a laid back cool flip flop atmosphere, friendly, and just all good. We are excited for the "new kids from Texas".... a sweet-n-sassy-strut-your-stuff 6th grader and a on-the-shy-side-full-of-love 4th grader. I'm hopeful that it's gonna be a great year.

"Parents teach in the toughest school in the world-- the School for Making People. You are the board of education, the principal, the classroom teacher, and the janitor.   -Virginia Satir



Blog Design by Caked Designs