Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some stuff.

It takes me (and probably Josh) about 2.3 seconds to fall asleep lately. Pillow or no pillow, just cocking my head a certain way and forget it, I'm out.

Of course we have a lot going on but it seems when springtime rolls around, the days and weeks fill up faster and faster. Is it just us? Is it just me walking around in a fog lately?

Let's talk about Colorado. We've had our share of shuffling around when it comes to it. Many, many details are still in the works and we are crossing our fingers (and every limb, for that matter) that all will work out. Josh was out there, then me for about 3 busy days, then my brother flew here this weekend for the fastest 14-hour visit to then turn around and drive my Mom to her new home.

It was nothing short of amazing that packers and movers came and went in not quite a 48 hour period. I mean, you should have seen how much stuff was packed. Mom had been weeding through a ton the past 6 months, but geez. All the memories behind not only the big stuff, but every small item. I got stuck going through some piles...and found everything from my old retainers (and mom's too!) to my Dad's aviator glasses from the war, and on and on. All the "bundles" that are collected through the years tell about a life. It is all just combined in neat little piles everywhere around the house. The piles may seem like junk to others, but the layers are just sweet gifts of lives (and love) in action. Mom was overwhelmed on every level possible and I numbed myself a bit this weekend. It would have otherwise been a weepy, emotional mess in a closet or two. It was also my b-day, so definitely a roller coaster of every feeling in the book.

Life will be in dis-order and upside-down for some time for her, but just as the moving truck said on the side of it, they are "Helping People Move Ahead". That is exactly what she is doing. Moving ahead with faith and grace. (Oh, and the drivers name of the moving truck...well, his name is Jesus...literally.)
So, where does time go, people? I mean, really. How precious it is to remember, reflect on all the laughter and love through all the years. I am always so happy to know that memories can never change or be taken away. They are the precious jewels in life. I pray that they will be bright and shiny for my Mom's new life on Candleglow Drive in Colorado.
Blog Design by Caked Designs