Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

sweet flutters

So, here they are. I told quite a few of you that I would be "unveiling" some of my little projects on the first week of October. Is it really October already? 


Where did these come from you say? Well, here's the thing. I have been so blessed these past 9 years or so doing custom work with murals, canvas, wood, etc. I have been thinking a lot (and praying about) what direction to go with my art, what I want to do, and what can sell? I know that cash is tight for many right now, so I want to keep a lot of my work under $30 but still have a style and "feeling" behind my it.

Here was the question for me...what is it that I like to draw and paint? Well, I don't know! Everything I have done through the years have coordinated with others needs. (Of which I have loved, though!) So, being encouraged and inspired by several books I have been reading I needed to dig deep and see what it is I enjoy.

~I really, really like painting with watercolors. The softness, challenge and look.
~I'm so in love with everything family. Especially two innocent, blonde-headed angels who inspire me daily.
~Butterflies represent so much in my life and I love them. (you already knew that!)
~Have always enjoyed sweet sayings, fonts, and to alter my writing in every which way possible...ever since I was a kid.
~I gravitate towards light/fresh colors, simple shapes and design.
~One of my many big dreams is to someday write and illustrate a children's book.


No mouth. No nose. No arms. I really love what these little one's reflect. Childhood innocence, sweetness and purity. They each have their own personality and I told Josh that they "talk" to me! (Seriously, but don't think I'm weird.) I hope they do the same to you.


They are all "Stacey originals" and can be personalized with a specific haircolor, look, special saying, name, scripture. You name it.



The sizes I have been doing are 5x7 and 8x10. They are all matted. Some are framed with as a 9x13. I'll have about 20 different one's will be up on etsy. com very shortly. (If you haven't been on this site and love anything handmade, are crafty/arty yourself...where have you been? I am personally a tad obsessed with it to be honest.)

Let me know what you think, what you like..whatever. Bring it on! I know you are looking at this...I would really like to hear from you even if I don't know you. (I will be nice, I promise)



Keep coming back! ...more boys, sweet gifts for teachers, grandma's, etc.

Month of October= handpainted furniture.
(My joyfully, patient hubby is probably thinking this furniture will forever take over his garage!)
Blog Design by Caked Designs