Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Dad


Father's Day. A day to honor, cherish, remember and spoil one of the most important persons in our lives. I can't tell you how many times in a day I honor, cherish and reflect on my Dad...not just on a day called Father's Day.

He still is a huge part of me and I continue to carry all the love and the ways that my Dad has influenced me to be the person I am today. I told Josh the other night that the relationship between a daughter and her Daddy is so powerful. I wouldn't be the person that I am without the treasured relationship I had with my Dad. I miss him more and more it seems but I am also realizing that I cannot change anything. Everything has been (and still is) all in God's hands. There are moments in the days that overwhelm me at times- both good and hard. I take these, and with God's perfect grace, I cherish the warm love and hope that is everlasting. It's a strength and comfort that can't possibly be compared.

So all those that are reading this, give your Dad (or favorite man in your life) a big squeeze, tell him how much he means to you and how much you love him. Not only on Father's Day, but many times throughout the year.

Blog Design by Caked Designs