Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I'm in the stores!

At the end of the day it's all about the love you put out into the world (in whatever way you are gifted to do). I got blessed with an opportunity to put some love and encouragement out in 15,000 ways across the country. I love that little pieces of me are being spread around through a channel called Hobby Lobby. Some dear friends in South Carolina and Texas found some this week! So did we here!


My Texas girls found me!

Then cousins in Illinois scouted me out...


Then here in CO....


Ohio....!


I never thought that the paintings Hobby Lobby chose...would have been chosen! The cross painting is when I first started playing around with watercolors and illustrations/lettering about 7 years ago or so! It is special to me because I painted it around the time my Dad passed away. They manufactured 3 paintings in frames and 2 on a textured wooden-type surface. They wanted the one with the baby face (below) changed to a brighter green, the sweet face removed, a rectangle and simple flowers. They were looking for a cleaner/modern, encouraging juvenile art that could go in a grouping.



(No one has found the "Morning Little Miss Sunshine" painting yet!)


The art representative that I have been working with said that the Hobby Lobby buyer was interested in doing a tween girl (9-12 year olds) wall gallery for their stores. Wall galleries with fun miscellaneous items grouped together are trendy right now. They want a fun, simple and modern look with certain colors. So these six paintings were chosen to be made into samples and are now being looked at. It takes about 4-6 months of meetings/decisions and manufacturing for everything to finalize. I am competing with other artists/designers... and ultimately what the Hobby Lobby buyer is looking for. (Fingers are crossed!)




Blog Design by Caked Designs