Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Texas-bound

Every year for the past several years, the girls get one BIG present from Mom/Dad. So Christmas 2013 Hannah wanted to go see her best friend in Texas. For some reason, we didn't make it there in 2014... so, 2015 it was. We booked tickets for Hannah and Ellie's birthday (they are 2 days apart and have always celebrated together).
So here we are. 
Mama was wanting to take a selfie when we were landing.
Hannah was like.... "really, Mama?!! (um, so not cool.)

After much much much too much drama renting a car and driving into Tyler.....

Driving past my Mom/Dad's old home, our first home in Texas with some misty eyes....

Ellie and Hannah were finally reunited!
They were just as excited as Mimi and I were to see each other.
(although no pic of us...)

I met up with Colleen and we had ALOT of trouble with our HOTEL ROOM. I am talking...ALOT of  trouble here, people. We ended up at Chuy's for some yum yum yum's.

NOTE: the Mexican food here in Colorado SUCKS. 
I FULLY enjoyed my meal at yummy Chuy's!

And then...back to our hotel room to see that the door was open.
Open?
It looked like someone had broken in.
NOT OKAY according to us or our hubbies at home without us.

After much more drama,
we got THREE rooms at the new modern hotel for FREE.

Free is good.

Meanwhile, Hannah was chowing at her favorite Whataburger...and staying with Ellie all safe and snug and playing at the park.

Precious.

So I grabbed her Sunday morning for church (so good to see friends) and then to Mandi's for lunch with the big whole crew. Mind you... Hannah hadn't seen all "the boys" for a long while. (Luke and her were sweeties in kindergarten together!)

It was super sweet (a bit akward for them) to see them all together. 

Like the good ole' days when they were littles.

(I am talking a couple weeks old little together!)

Such a precious time with the Bryans, Adams and Glenney's.

It's Valentine's Day! My date Colleen at the best pizza place EVER...Bruno's.


Us girlies gathered again and we chowed at Julian's after hanging at our fancy hotel room

We laughed, we cried, we talked, and talked...

we hugged....
we loved.

Man oh man, I miss my Texas girls.

Seriously, I didn't want to part.

Hannah and Ellie celebrated their 15th with cake and ice cream.

The last night I got see Shannon's lovely home and stay at Renae's....and fall in love with Jack.

Sad tears to go but a really good trip overall.

We needed a little bit of sugar help us get home....ha!
(NO we didn't buy all this at the airport, just the Mentos)



I felt like it was a cherished HELLO and a treasured GOODBYE to all the good, some of the hard...

and all of the priceless blessings that Tyler, Texas was for us for 15 years.





Blog Design by Caked Designs