Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Apartmentschooling.

I applause (standing ovation really), take my hat off, and seriously bow down to all the home school mother's out there. It's a special and grand thing you are doing.

I certainly can somewhat handle the home/Mommy part of the homeschooling thing but not-too-sure about the school part of my role right now these past 4-5 weeks. It. Is. Tough. I don't mind having the girls home all day-for the most part-but instruction and books and lessons? THAT's another story.

Let me explain the homeschooling thing. We (meaning Mommy/Daddy and Lauren's teacher) figured that since the girls only had about 8 weeks or so of school left and we had not found a home yet, finishing the school year in our place would be the best option for our tender, sweet one's. Being that this is such a huge transition for us, we wouldn't have wanted them to be stressed out about starting at a strange school, summer starting, and then starting them at a completely different one in August. So their incredible teachers gave me some of the material I need to finish the school year off. Aaaaand....they like it...for the most part. As for me: a big adjustment along with too many other adjustments and to-do's right now. Having a very traveling hubby, adjusting to our new life, trying to find a house, car...AND instruct (let alone keep a handle on) two kiddos= losing my mind at times.

I'm truly hoping to get the hang of this just a little. Perhaps the days may slow down a tad for me to focus on just a couple things. Who knows if it will be school stuff. Josh thinks I am super at teaching essential "life skills" like cooking/baking, opening and keeping a bank account, letter writing, creativity.....
Alrighty. Sounds good to me.
So we have this incredible-huge-modern library 5 minutes from here. This is an example of our ginormous pile when we go EVERY week. The girls work on chapter books, poetry, Where's Waldo, crafts.... I, myself,  have flipped through everything from gardening, to cooking, to decorating and read a couple great non-fiction books. The girls love it too. Hey, at least they are reading alot right?
Blog Design by Caked Designs