Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Extreme Home Makeover!

Destroy a home and build one amazing house in 7 days?

Impossible?

Not for ABC's Extreme Home Makeover show.

The show came to give a very sweet, deserving east Texas family a new home. The Carr family in Mineola, TX (about 25 miles from here) was blessed to get an incredible home and I was blessed to get a call to help out with it! There was a domed ceiling that needed a mural design painted on it and they were needing muralists/artists. Yes! Yes! Yes!

What an opportunity. What an experience. I was so excited. My sweet and creative-searching art friend, Colleen, was able to join in the fun with me. Here we are with our lovely hard hats!

Two days last week joining in all the love the community had for this family and tons of people volunteering their skills (and time) was fabulous to see and be a part of. It was a bit of a crazy, chaotic, everybody doing everything all at once time. We ended up pretty much painting what needed to be painted, some waiting around and a tad of confusion mixed in. It was actually fun to get painted on, bruised and plenty dusty. (Thank goodness for those fashionable hard hats...LOL.) We met some amazing people and experienced the "Hollywood" side of things, really. Colleen and I were superstars! (Not really, but hey- it's always fun to pretend.) We got to do a bit of "acting" on the side. We acted like we were working in a certain room while they were doing a small shoot!


Ty Pennington (mmm.hmm. and he is just as cute in person) on the scafling where some of the artists were painting the ceiling.

I caught this picture after a shot being done with comedian Bill Engvall (from Blue Collar Comedy Show) and Paige all pretty and pinked-out!

A ton of great food was served day and night- and about the best desserts ever I must say.

It was an honor and privilege to be a part of this. I am so happy for this incredible family, I am so shocked that the house got finished on time.... and I will be up tearing up with you (just like every other Home Makeover show I watch!) when it is aired on May 9th.

Tune in!
Blog Design by Caked Designs