Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

biggest paintings ever

I love our church here. 

Like, love love love! 

I was thrilled to be a part of the "creative team" this past year. I thought I would share some of the biggest paintings I have ever done! As a group (there are about 6 of us or so) we come up with a plan for the stage design. Typically the church series are from 4-6 weeks. They are always different, so sometimes we do creative things...sometimes not.

The picture above was my hand lettering projected up on an about 8ft by 12 ft canvas.

Pretty cool to see my handwriting so large!

This series was one on marriage. So, we took some traditional vows and painted them on this huge canvas to be hung in the sanctuary. Here is one of the fabulous gals that helped me. It was a big job!

Along with some huge frames with vintage wedding pictures in them and other things in various areas.....we hung it up- looked great.


This was for Easter. They were HUGE wooden planks that we stained and I carefully painted the HOPE.....

and RESTORED.

It was lovely to be a part of the Easter message. 

It was even more meaningful to me to know 
(and hear that morning with all my Colorado family and a dear teary-eyed friend) 
the true meaning behind these words on the weathered, rugged wood.

What can I say?

Powerful.

Blog Design by Caked Designs