Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Greetings 2011.

Past: Give it to God. Present: Live it for God. Future: Entrust it to God.

My mother-in-law called today and mentioned that I hadn't blogged in awhile (she is a big blog fan of mine apparently :) Not much happening but finishing holiday orders, organizing, getting ready to list our house on the market again. Almost 9 months and counting. I did also think about summing up the past year and perhaps actually writing the resolutions down for 2011 that have consumed a small chunk of my brain. So here goes.

I think we are all in the frigid, post-holiday wish-I-were-at-a-beachy-location state right now. Winter has finally hit Texas- and everywhere else I hear. We had a whopping 2 inches of snow this past weekend and this is where you would have found me (and other sweet souls who joined me at times). Toasty in front of the fire, good book, sketch book, hot cocoa, dreaming, catching up on my snoozing. Can I say, aaaaahhh.
Since it is the second week of January, I figured I would put down some of the dozen things or so that I resolve to do this year. Many that know me well know that I am a dreamer and wisher...and...but we all have to start somewhere right? (in random order)

- Have a faith-walk in every detail to come this year.
- Go on individual "dates" with the girls.
- Bring rainbows of color, pattern in the decor of our next home and my wardrobe. Mix it up.
- Continue (and enjoy/be okay) with my journey as an artist.
- Keep conquering the icky gremlins that creep up and steal the good space in my head and the day. (I would mention what those are- but TMI)
- Keep it organized, simple and mindful.
- Eat fresh. Stay active.
- Quiet times. Among my stack of books to be read, a devotional book (luv it) that I got from a forever friend will help with that.
- DO Dave Ramsey's book. Not just READ it again. (Wanna read this too. Getting carried away here.)
- Linger in the small, simple moments that bring happiness and are rich in love. As a "still growing up and trying to figure all this out" adult I realize it's these moments that matter the most. Not much else matters in fact. (aka: this weekend: freeze tag bundled up outside, sweet chats with Hannah on the floor of our closet, breakfast in bread from J, dancing to good music, snuggly doggy....you get the idea.)

Goodbye 2010. You were good. Full of love. You were filled with uncertainty and "we'll see" and "I dunno". You were hard. Delightful. Fun. A roller coaster. I feel like I have grown/learned, laughed/cried, had chaos/peace, was strong/weak, fearless/scared, full/empty, confused/getting it, excited, content, positive, negative, thankful, quitting, patient.

Blessed with a happy fine-tuned, well constructed God path of about everything this past year.

Bring it on, 2011.

"Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling."-Margaret L. Runbeck
Blog Design by Caked Designs